Undergraduate Exchange Program
If you are an international student and wish to apply to UC’s Exchange Program, you must visit the International Office of your university and get all the information about the steps you need to take in order to start with your application.
Restricted Programs of Study
- Music: only theoretical courses available
- Medicine: only some technical courses within the areas of public health and clinical rotation. Dentistry, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Physical Therapy courses are not available for exchange students.
- Economics and Management Sciences: course available only to students fulfill the courses requirements.
- Psychology courses: available only to second to fourth-year students.
- Biological Sciences: Marine Biology courses not available.
- Arts courses: Arts courses are only available to students who come from Arts-related programs.
- Architecture: applicants must attach 2 letter-size summarized portfolios in PDF format to the Dropbox folder. The only available courses for exchange students are: “Taller de Proyectos” (for 1st to 3rd-year students) / “Ejercitacion” (for 4th to 5th-year students) / Elementary courses and “OPR” electives (2 max.). The following courses are NOT available to exchange students: “Aulas de Título” (Final Project) / “Taller de Investigación”, “Práctica de Obras” and “Práctica Profesional”. Slots are restricted and cannot be guaranteed. The School of Architecture reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Sports Courses: students must bring their own equipment according to the sport of their choosing.
- Performing Arts: students who are interested registering for practical courses at the school of Performing Arts must attach a personal video showing a scene and a monologue in Spanish.
- International students must show a good Mastery of Spanish. Students whose mother tongue is not Spanish must have B2 level (according to CEFR) of Spanish proficiency at the moment of applying.
- The minimum required GPA for applying is 3.0 (or its equivalent).
- The students must be nominated by their home university in order for their application to be considered.
Home university's nomination (by email)
- First semester (March-July): August 1st to October 30th previous year.
- Second semester (August-December): March 1st to May 2nd current year.
Online Application Dates
- 1st Semester (from the beginning of March to mid-July) Application deadline: October 30th of previous year.
- 2nd Semester (from the beginning of August to mid-December) Application Deadline: May 2nd current year.
In order for you to apply to the Exchange program, you need to comply with the following steps:
- Be selected by your Home University and be informed about the steps you need to follow to apply to the Exchange Program.
- Read the course restrictions that apply to your exchange program.
- Carefully read the following instructions before completing your application form:
- Students selected by their home university must fill in their application online in the following link.
- Once the application is properly filled in, click on “Send”. A new window will open where your application number will show. Here you will be able to retrieve your application confirmation as a PDF file.
- The system will automatically generate a form in PDF format with the information you submitted. Do not forget to have Acrobat Reader properly installed in your computer. If you do not have it, you can download it here.
- The application form must be signed by you and your home university.
- You will be receiving an email with a Dropbox invitation with your name on it, the dropbox invitation is not an automatic message, please wait for our message. You will have to upload the following documents to the dropbox folder:
- Signed PDF Application Form
- Official Transcript of Records
- Presentation Letter issued by the International Office of your University.
- Spanish Proficiency Certificate (level B2 according to CEFR). This is required ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT A NATIVE SPEAKER OF SPANISH).
- Exchange students applying to take Architecture School courses need to upload a 2 letter-size pages (4 sides) portfolio to their dropbox folders.
The information you submit through the online form will only be valid once we receive your application form together with the rest of the requested documents in your Dropbox folder.
4. Apply here!
First semester (March-July): results will be informed by email within November of the previous year.
Second semester (August-December): results will be informed by email within May of the current year.
UC organizes its academic year in two semesters:
- 1st Semester: from March to July
- 2nd Semester: from August to December
Academic Calendar – 1st Semester 2018
You can check the Academic Calendar corresponding to the 1st Semester 2018 by clicking here.
Academic Calendar – 2nd Semester 2018
You can check the Academic Calendar corresponding to the 2nd Semester 2018 by clicking here.