Once you are accepted at UC, you will have to apply to a Student Resident VISA at the Chilean Consulate nearest to you. Check the list of Chilean Consulates around the world in the following link Chilean Consulates
After you have arrived to Chile, you must follow the following steps:
- Register your VISA at "Policía Internacional" within the first 30 days after your arrival to Chile.
- You must bring your passport and the immigration card you received upon arrival to the following address: Policía Internacional. Eleuterio Ramirez 846. Office Hours: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Email Address: email@example.com
- Apply for and get the Chilean ID Card (“carnet de Identidad”) for foreigners at the Servicio de Registro Civil e Identificación.
- If you did not apply for and obtain a student VISA in your country of origin and decide to get into Chile with a Tourist VISA (to get information about the tourist VISA, click here), you must start the application process to obtain a Student VISA during the first 30 days upon arrival.
- For more information visit the Inmigration and Migration Office located at San Antonio 580, 2nd Floor (Information Office) and 3rd Floor (Visa, Permanent Residency, Sanctions and Tourism). Phone Number: (56-2) 600-486-3000.