Catholic Universities in Chile
This agreement gives the opportunity to 10 third or four-year students from Catholic universities in Chile to spend a full semester at UC. Accepted students are exempt from paying the tuition fees.
The following are the areas of study that will have priority:
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Biological Sciences
- Civil Engineering
- Urban and Territorial Studies
- Social Work
General information about the program and the application process
- The application is institutional. That is to say, the student must be pre-selected by his/her home university.
- Each university can propose the name of two applicants per semester. The student’s academic performance must be located within the highest 20% of the student’s generation.
- There are 5 spots per semester for applicants enrolled at any of the Catholic Universities in Chile.
- The program only covers the tuition fees corresponding to one semester.
- The transportation and housing costs must be covered by the student.The application process is completed once the applicant fulfills all the requirements established in the Exchange Program Application Process.
Restricted Programs of Study
- Music: only theoretical courses available
- Medicine: only some technical courses within the areas of public health and clinical rotation. Dentistry, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Physical Therapy courses are not available for exchange students.
- Economics and Management Sciences: courses available only to students who fulfill the courses requirements.
- Psychology courses: available only to second to fourth-year students.
- Biological Sciences: Marine Biology courses are not available.
- Arts courses: Arts courses are only available to students who come from Arts-related programs.
- Architecture: applicants must attach 2 letter-size summarized portfolios in PDF format to the Dropbox folder. The only available courses for exchange students are: “Taller de Proyectos” (for 1st to 3rd-year students) / “Ejercitacion” (for 4th to 5th-year students) / Elementary courses and “OPR” electives (2 max.). The following courses are NOT available to exchange students: “Aulas de Título” (Final Project) / “Taller de Investigación”, “Práctica de Obras” and “Práctica Profesional”. Slots are restricted and cannot be guaranteed. The School of Architecture reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Communications: Journalism courses are not available for exchange students.
- Sports Courses: students must bring their own equipment according to the sport of their choosing
Chilean Catholic Universities that are part of this Agreement
- Universidad Católica del Norte
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso
- Universidad Alberto Hurtado
- Universidad Católica Raúl Silva Henríquez
- Universidad Católica del Maule
- Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción
- Universidad Católica de Temuco