International Students

Who can apply to the Exchange Program at UC?

The Program is open to all international students who attend a university that has a formal unilateral or bilateral exchange agreement with Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. The application is prepared and submitted by the student’s Home University. If you don't know if your home university has an academic agreement with UC, please write to

How can I apply to the Program?

To apply to the program, you must follow the steps listed on this webpage.

What is the level of Spanish required to study at UC?

Along with your application, you must attach a certificate of proficiency in Spanish that certifies that you have B2 level Spanish proficiency. This will be required only if you are a non-native Spanish speaker.

Do I need to know Spanish if the classes I am going to take are in English?

Yes, you do, as you will have to deal with every-day situations that will need to be handled in Spanish. In addition to this, it is very unlikely to fulfill all of your credits only by taking courses in English.

What is the minimum required GPA?

The minimum required GPA is 3.0.

When do classes start at UC?

The first semester begins in early March and ends in mid-July. On the other hand, the second semester begins in early August and ends in mid-December.

What is the application deadline?

The application deadline for classes starting on the first semester (March) is September 30th of the preceding year. On the other hand, the application deadline for classes starting on the second semester (August) is ]January, 10th of the current year.

How do I know if the courses I will be taking at UC will actually be available during the semester I will be at UC?

You can check the Course Catalogue in the webpage “Buscador de Cursos”. Use the filter to get your results by Academic Year.

How do I know if I have been accepted?

Once the application process is over, we will send a letter of acceptance to your Home University where we will inform that you have been accepted to the program. This letter will help you start with the process of obtaining your Student Visa. We strongly suggest you to buy your flight ticket once your acceptance to the Program is confirmed by us. In case you have questions regarding the status of your application, please send an email to

Are there any scholarships available for the Exchange program at UC?

At the moment we have some scholarships that cover tuition fees. These scholarships are available for students coming from member universities of the CINDA network and Chilean Catholic universities network. In case you are interested in any of these scholarships, you should check this link.

Does the university offer housing options?

The university does not have dormitory buildings nor does the university arrange any type of housing for international students. However, we have a list of several places in Santiago where students can solve this issue. Be aware that the university does not hold any type of responsibility in this regard.

See the full list of housing options here.

Is a Visa required to study in Chile?

Yes. It is necessary to have a Student Visa in case your stay in Chile will be longer than 90 days. In order for you to obtain your Visa, go to the Chilean Consulate that is nearest to you. Once the application process is over, you will receive an Acceptance Letter from UC which will be necessary for the issuance of your Visa.

In case you need more information on this matter, please check our “Visa Information” link.

What do I have to do in order to move to UC to finish my degree?

In order for you to be able to move to UC, you should follow the “Special Admissions” process. For more information regarding this process, check this link or write an email to