Health at UC
The international exchange student must come to Chile with Medical Insurance.
Given the global pandemic due to COVID, the Government of Chile requires that all international exchange students have health insurance that must include medical assistance for at least USD 30,000.
Also our university requests to have:
- Explicit COVID-19 coverage
- Health and funeral repatriation services
You can check out some referral options here.
Besides, the university has a student healthcare system available to all international exchange students which covers different medical specialties as well as dental and psychological coverage. As a student you will have to pay the costs at the Student Healthcare offices located in Campus San Joaquin and then request the reimbursement to the International Health Insurance Company you got before coming to Chile.
Surgical medical and psychological Care:
- Campus San Joaquin, Hall Universitario, 3rd Floor
- Phone Number: 2-23545413 / 2-23545412 / 2-23545414
- Medical and Psychological care is permanent during weekdays, from Monday to Friday, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Dental Care: You can find all the necessary information regarding dental care on this website http://dental.saludestudiantil.uc.cl
Note: students are free to use the healthcare insurance provider of their choosing.