Each year, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile offers 10 spots for students attending any of the member universities of the CINDA network to spend one semester at UC. Accepted students through the CINDA program are exempt of paying tuition fees at UC.
This is the list of CINDA universities that are considered under this agreement.
General information about the CINDA program and the application process
- It is a once-a-year application for either of the two semesters. The deadline to receive the nomination is September, 30th of the previous year in which the student will start classes at UC.
- The application is institutional. That is to say, the student must be pre-selected by his/her home university. The final decision will be taken after checking and evaluating the student’s academic background.
- Each university can nominate two applicants per year to take courses on either of the two semesters of the academic year. The student’s academic performance must be located within the highest 20% of the student’s generation.
- There are 10 spots per year for applicants enrolled at any of the universities belonging to the CINDA Network.
- The program only covers the tuition fees corresponding to one semester.
- Transportation, housing and health insurance costs must be covered by the student.
- The following steps must be followed in order to complete the application to the Exchange Program. After these steps are completed, you need to send the required documentation to your home university's Cinda Program Coordinator.
Restricted Programs of Study
- Music: only theoretical courses available
- Health areas: Medicine: Only some theoretical courses within the areas of public health and clinical rotations. Odontology closed; Nursing open only for specific agreements; Health Sciences (Nutrition, Phonoaudiology and Kinesiology) are closed for practical courses or internships and open for regular courses only on a case by case evaluation.
- Economics and Management Sciences: courses available only to students who fulfill the courses requirements.
- Psychology courses: available only to second to fourth-year students.
- Biological Sciences: Marine Biology courses are not available.
- Art courses: Art courses are only available to students who come from Arts-related programs. Students insterested in taking "Taller" or workshop courses at UC Art School must know that the materials needed for some Art classes must be purchased directly by the students and that the average expense may be $100.000 to $150.000 (CLP) for each course.
- Architecture: Due to limit capacity in the courses, the school only offers 25 spots for all candidates interested in applying to the School of Architecture. The school will carefully select the best 25 candidates based on their academic records and portfolio. Applicants must upload a 2 letter-size summarized portfolio in PDF format. The only available courses for exchange students are: “Taller de Proyectos” (for 1st to 3rd-year students) / “Ejercitacion” (for 4th to 5th-year students) / Elementary courses and “OPR” electives (2 max.). The following courses are NOT available to exchange students: “Aulas de Título” (Final Project) / “Taller de Investigación”, “Práctica de Obras” and “Práctica Profesional”. The materials needed for some Architecture classes must be purchased directly by the students.The School of Architecture reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Sports Courses: students must bring their own equipment according to the sport of their choosing.
- Performing Arts:students who are interested registering for practical courses at the school of Performing Arts must attach a personal video showing a scene and a monologue in Spanish.